SAD;Leyton Orient fans warm-up to pay Tribute to fan who Died During Lincoln Game”

Derek Reynolds, a lifelong Leyton Orient supporter, died on Tuesday night during the club’s match against Lincoln City at Brisbane Road.

Derek Reynolds, a former stadium announcer, died during Leyton Orient’s League One match against Lincoln City on Tuesday night, according to the club. During the game at Brisbane Road, the 74-year-old felt ill and required immediate medical assistance.

Fans stormed the pitch in an attempt to grab the authorities’ attention and stop the game. Around a dozen fans sat cross-legged on the field in an attempt to halt the game.

The game was quickly abandoned and not restarted after it was established that the supporter had tragically died. Orient have since identified the fan as Derek, who worked closely with the club in the 1990s.“Derek was a life-long O’s supporter and lived in Osbourne Road, a short walk from the ground for many years,” the club said in a statement. Derek, a lifetime supporter, was also highly involved in the club and oversaw the club’s tannoy system during the 1990s.”

Orient have also confirmed that they will pay tribute to Derek this Saturday at Brisbane Road as they host Reading. “The club will pay tribute to Derek at Saturday’s home game against Reading, and his family has been invited to the game as guests of the club,” the statement said.

“A book of condolence will be available for supporters in the East Stand to sign on Saturday and it will then be available for all fans in West Stand reception thereafter. We would, once again, like to thank Derek’s fellow supporters for the way in which they conducted themselves on Tuesday night and acted to try and help the situation.”

A spokesperson for the London Ambulance service said: “We sent a number of resources to the scene, including an incident response officer, two medics in fast-response cars and an ambulance crew. Our first medic arrived in approximately four minutes

“We treated a man at the scene, but very sadly, despite our teams’ best efforts, he was later pronounced dead.”

The EFL is yet to decide whether the game will be rescheduled or whether the outcome at the time of the cancellation would stand. The game was 1-0 to Orient when it was called off after 82 minutes.


Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.