Breaking; Reactions As Wolves storm Manchester City Unbeating Record”

The champs were stunned by a second-half goal from Hwang Hee-Chan.

With a gutsy 2-1 victory over Manchester City, the underdog Wolves ended the champs’ winning streak.

With a second-half goal from Hwang Hee-chan, the hosts triumphed valiantly at Molineux.

Ruben Dias’ early own goal was reversed by Julian Alvarez’s free kick, but Pep Guardiola’s team was unable to respond to Hwang’s strike.

They wanted to become the first team in Premier League history to win their first seven games, but Wolves, who came out fighting, defeated them.

After Wednesday’s Champions League match against RB Leipzig, defeat gives the trip to Arsenal on the following Sunday a new perspective. The Gunners are now a point behind the leaders.

Wolves came out battling against them, preventing them from becoming the first club in Premier League history to win all seven of their games.

After losing to RB Leipzig on Wednesday in the Champions League, the trip to Arsenal the following Sunday takes on additional meaning. The Gunners are currently one point behind the pace.

So when Wolves shocked Guardiola’s team after 13 minutes, the home crowd was even more ecstatic.

Phil Foden was struck by Mateo Kovacic’s errant pass, and Pedro Neto was able to take advantage of the error and breeze past Nathan Ake.

In order to get into the area, he surged down the right, dodging Ake’s frantic lunge. Dias deflected his cross past Ederson from close range.

Although Neto continues to be Wolves’ shining star after giving Liverpool nightmares two weeks ago and scoring in the 1-1 draw at Luton, Wolves have been in similar predicament before and have failed.

They lost poorly to Liverpool after a strong first half, and O’Neil’s debut performance at Manchester United was promising but fruitless.

Wolves needed victories to support their tenacity and will, but Rayan Ait-Nouri let Foden a path through in a careless move to highlight the precariousness of their advantage.

City were left frustrated, Jeremy Doku was haphazard and Haaland engaged in a physical battle with Craig Dawson, while Foden and Nunes were ineffective. As expected, City had plenty of the ball but the Wolves wall stood firm and there was even a degree of control from the hosts when in possession.

Guardiola, who was serving a touchline suspension in the stands, had had enough and pulled Nunes off for Oscar Bobb at halftime.

Contrary number As Wolves dug in, O’Neil continued to lead his team from the sidelines, and Jose Sa wasn’t particularly troubled by the ineffective Haaland and Alvarez’s attempts.

However, after 58 minutes, the hosts’ defenses were dismantled. After a brief break, Wolves were still incensed that Matheus Cunha’s requests for a free-kick were denied.

Joao Gomes collided with Bobb 20 yards out as City advanced on the other end, setting up Alvarez to curl his free kick into the top corner.

The visitors increased their pressure, and after Dawson cleared the ball off the line, Manuel Akanji’s shot was deflected wide by Sa.

They turned out to be essential as Hwang increased the pressure on City to win the game after 68 minutes.

After being sent sprinting down the right, Nelson Semedo’s cross was cleared to Hwang, whose shot was stopped by Dias. It was up to Cunha to maintain composure and pass the ball to Hwang so that he could swoop in from six yards.

After bursting into action, Molineux prepared for the anticipated City assault. Although Kalvin Phillips curled wide and Kyle Walker fired at Sa, Wolves rightfully maintained their lead.







Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.